Amici Abound in Florida Case
By Hadley Heath
Plaintiffs (now Plaintiff-Appellees) in Florida are very popular. Or at least - as suggested by the wave of Amici Briefs filed in their support this week - they have a lot of "friends" on their side.
Here are some important briefs:
- From Speaker Boehner
- From Leader McConnell and 43 other U.S. Senators
- From the North Carolina and Minnesota state legislatures
- From Douglas Holtz-Eakin and 104 other economists
- From the Heritage Foundation
- From Docs4PatientCare, Benjamin Rush Society, and the Pacific Research Institute
Well, that’s my reading list for the weekend! The oral arguments in this case are set for June 8 in Atlanta.